Sunday, November 3, 2013

Technology In The Classroom

This week we covered the topic "technology in the classroom." We even got to play around with some great technology resources on the internet. While creating my "goanimate" video I realized how important the principles of technology are. Technology should be used for educational purposes only. Always have objectives when using technology in the classroom. Something extremely important is making sure that all of your students have access to any technology resources used in the classroom. If they don't have access at home make sure that you provide them with the resources they need. As teachers you should also keep in mind that technology should be used as a supplement for your teaching only. The technology should not be doing all the teaching for you. There should still be teaching going on in the classroom. I enjoyed watching the goanimate videos my classmates made as well. They were all resourceful. I learned a lot about the use of technology in the classroom from my peers. If you have not used goanimate I would recommend it to any teacher. It is a fun and easy resource to use. You can access it at: goanimate4schools.com

6 comments:

  1. Great post!
    Technology is definitely a great resource for teachers to use in their classrooms. Not only can they use it while teaching lessons, but they can allow students to use it for activities or studying. I like how you mentioned that technology should not do all of the teaching and that it should be used for educational purposes. These are two concepts that teachers should keep in mind! I thought GoAnimate was very fun and easy to use as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally support the purposeful use of technology in the classroom! Great idea to emphasize this. I do agree that it should always have a purpose and it should be stated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also believe that technology is a great tool for a teacher to use. There are many educational applications and resources for us to use, and our students are sure going to love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you that technology is a great tool to use in the classroom. Yes, sometimes students misuse it but the benefits generally outweigh the drawbacks. Our students need to be taught how to use the technology they will be required to use when they go on to college or enter the workforce. But mostly importantly, we as teachers need to learn how to navigate these technologies first. Having it at our disposal will benefit no one if we do not know how to use them efficiently and effectively.
    We are the Aggies!
    ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that we use technology now more than ever, brace yourself, its going to take over the world! :) - Dina

    ReplyDelete