Sunday, November 17, 2013

What is a manifesto?

According to the online merriam-webster dictionary the definition of a manifesto is: a written statement that describes the policies, goals, and opinions of a person or group. As teachers we need to have a statement that we believe in, statements or opinions that we believe makes an effective teacher. A manifesto is not a list of goals to PLAN to accomplish, but a list of things you WILL accomplish. In class this week my fellow classmates and I all had to write our own education manifesto. I am happy to share mine with you. I would love to hear opinions/feedback. Feel free to leave comments below :)
-I WILL be an effective and engaging teacher.
-I WILL push each one of my students to reach for success.
-I WILL address culturally awareness in my classroom.
-I WILL make any modifications to my lessons to fit the learning style of each of my students.
-I WILL encourage uniqueness and individuality.
-I WILL teach beyond standardized tests.
-I WILL use technology in the classroom and have educational objectives for the use of technology in the classroom.
-I WILL encourage cooperative learning in the classroom. People learn through conversation with others.
-I WILL be open to criticism and seek professional development opportunities. I will be open to anything to better myself as an educator.
-I WILL enforce critical thinking in the classroom setting.

By: Laura Sanchez

No comments:

Post a Comment