Monday, December 9, 2013

What is my manifesto?

Recently, our class has been asked to make an education manifesto and as I am attempting to get my thoughts settled to figure out what teacher I want to be, I thought I'd share! Teachers are something unique and an instrument who shapes the future of the mind of young children. In some cases, we will be the majority adult face that they see all day. Five days a week, roughly eight hours a day, adding up to 40 hours a week with these young impresiable minds. I can't help but to think of my past teachers and what allowed me to accell and what kept me stagnet throughout my learning process. Throughout this semester, we have learned lesson planning tactics, strategies to keep engagement in the classroom, history, technology advantages, and many thing more. It is still hard to just pick ten things that I will take personally to heart to pursue throughout year.
  This brings up a fear I guess or hope we all have. Will I be the Impactful or Affective Teacher, that changes lives. I found a couple videos that helped me shape my manifesto!

One of my favorite quotes is
"If education is your only way out, make it a good one"
                                -Claire Boostra

TEDxTalks, C. (2012). Claire boostra- on the shift to value[Theater]. Available from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEDM3zzYN_I


No comments:

Post a Comment